Friday, September 7, 2007

Show and Tell

Welcome to show and tell hosted by our friend Kelli at There is no place like home.

Hello everyone we have had such a busy summer. But, I am back for the fun.

This week I wanted to show something important to me and it kind of tells a little about me. I am a car nut. Thanks to my husband I have been learning a lot about cars. I own a 1985 Cutlass Supreme. Now she needs to be painted. She has little rust but she is mine. Well, my wonderful husband has been working on a new motor for me to put in it. Right now it has a standard V6 in it and when he is all done it will have a 350 small block chevy motor and 350 turbo tranny. (for those how do not know that to a car nut means power and really fast). Remember "Tool Time" the TV show and how Tim Allen would make the grunt sound I kind of do that my self. Its OK to laugh I do. Now my wonderful man has also added Chrome to this motor so it not only sound good for me but looks good. I did ask him if they made PINK engine paint. He told me no and I said go with RED. So here is my motor for you all to see:

Still in process of finishing it I will post photos when it is all done

14 comments:

Karen said...

Great job. I love pink too!

Anonymous said...

That is one nice looking motor. This show and tell will be one that I have to share with hubby. He's helping our son with his old blazer, the latest thing they worked on was the roll cage...
Enjoy

Tracy said...

So funny. You're every husband's dream!

someone else said...

I agree -- a husband's dream. Nice motor.

Susan said...

Now that is something I know NOTHING about!!!! Are you going to paint your car pink?

Thanks for your very sweet comment to me :o)

By the way, your header is beautiful!
Susan

Anonymous said...

I don't know much of anything about the insides of cars! I do remember Tim Allen's show and his being a "car guy."

Carole Burant said...

LOL I was thinking of Tim the tool man before I even read about your grunting like him! hehe I would write to the company and tell them to start making pink engine paint:-) xo

Betty said...

I don't know anything about motors but it sure is a pretty color!

Thanks for visiting me....Betty

MightyMom said...

Hi there!
Thank you so much for coming by my place!
Nice engine you have there...I would have requested purple paint myself...

Kelli said...

A pink motor would have been very cute but the red is a great choice too!
Kelli

Lori said...

Yes, I remember Tim the Tool Man Taylor. We used to watch that show all of the time.

Myrna said...

I'm impressed!

My first car was a 1967 Cutlass Supreme! Oh1 I thought that was the coolest car!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Now that's the "purdiest" motor I've ever seen! Course I haven't seen too many motors!

Katherine

Unknown said...

I asked my boyfriend's mechanic if he could paint my car's engine pink...he said yes. He even told me he had already done a purple one with green polka dots and he added that if I wanted, the wiring could be done in pink also.
Love your page!