Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Car Crazy

Today I have been feeling yucky. I decided I would head home early and try to rest and see if I can kick this bug. I made a quick stop on the way home and low and behold my car won't start.
All I can think is "why me!!!!"
I call Jim at work. Explain to him that the car will not start and I do not feel go and I want to go home. When he gets there he has no jumper cables or tools in his car. We run to the store and purchase what we think he will need.
Nope that did not work. He thinks it is the battery. He pulled it out we run to the part store and find out the battery is good. Next thought is the starter. We purchase a new refurbed starter. And the tools need to put it in.
Nope that is a no go. We then drive toward home. We stop at the local parts store and talk to a friend that owns the store. We decide to go back and in a sense tried to hot wire the car. Nope that did not do it. Come to find out that in the ignition there is a something that reads the chip on the key. Well, they are not working so the car is acting like it is anti theft mode. I have now purchased the part we needed. I am home waiting for my wonderful husband and his friend to return with our car so he can fix it. And to top it all off I still feel like crap. Need to go to work in the AM. And will not have gotten the rest I wanted so badly.
So, that's my day. I hope everyone had a better day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to here about your day! sometimes it feels like it all has to happen at the same time
I hope you are feeling better today? try to get your rest. I Love You.
Aunt Laurie

Sandcastle Momma said...

I hope you're feeling better!

A chip in the ignition? Good grief cars are so "automated" now that it's a wonder people can figure out what's wrong with them.