Thursday, November 5, 2009

Health Care Rally


Today I decided that my daughter could skip school and go for a really life Civics class.
Brittany, myself, my dad and my girlfriend Wendy and her daughter Kristi, went to our state capital for our voices to be heard.
Before, the rally I discussed the bill with my daughter and explained my thoughts to her. She felt that it was wrong what they are proposing.

It was a great rally and even though we were not in D.C. today. I think we made our thoughts and feelings clear.



I really enjoyed being able to spend this time with my dad. We may not always see eye to eye but on this we were a team. (you rock dad)








The signs were just amazing





And before the rally started there were some buses with kids coming to tour the capital. Some of the kids came up up to Brittany to ask "What are you protesting?" She explained to them some of the things listed in this bill and told them that in the end it is us the kids who will have to pay for this. They told her they thought that this bill is STUPID. Now , to be a fly on the wall when they talk with there parents.

My girlfriend and myself got to spend a little time with a local talk radio host we both enjoy listening to. Sue Jeffers was the emcee for the event and was great to talk with. Thanks Sue.





































4 comments:

Dadioz said...

What a great day for a ralley. Definitely was good to sense a team effort in presenting our concerns.

Love 2 all
Dadioz

Sandcastle Momma said...

Good for you! And what a great lesson for Brit - much better than anything she could learn in school. Seeing and doing is the best teacher of all.

charish said...

Yes it was a great lesson. She not only enjoyed herself and learned stuff.

Sandcastle Momma said...

I hope ya'll have a wonderful Thanksgiving!