Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Grandma To Be

I am scared to death. In less than 3 weeks I will be a grandma at the age of 37. I am scared because this is not where I saw things going with my daughter. But I have embraced it.
I tear up at night when looking on Facebook and see all these girls getting ready for prom and remembering last year all the fun we had shopping for dresses and bonding time. I love spending all that time talking about what she wants to do with her future. To now look and listen and explain that she is now second and this little guy is first in priorities. And know she does not really know what she is in for.
As,a parent my heart is still breaking. Even though I had her at a young age I was working and had my own place. Where she has yet to graduate from high school and no job and a young man who does not feel he needs to be involved during the pregnancy. (A story for another day)
Now, I am working on embracing this new adventure for myself and our family. Hmmm lots more to think about here

No comments: