Sunday, July 5, 2009

Elephant,1004ft Ship, Fish ect........

We headed north for the 4th. We decided to go to sight see around Cloquet and Duluth area.
Just like we did last year. We have decided to make this a tradition. While we were in Cloquet we saw a family that were setting up their small family circus. They had elephant rides. So, the kids wanted to ride it. Who am I to miss taking a picture of that.
Next we stopped at this fort.





Morning of the 4th. I decided to make my little man very patriotic.

The sail ship the Sullivan came in to port in Duluth


My wonderful children aboard the ship


What a beautiful ship. I wish we could have seen it with the sails up.


And what would the 4th be with out visiting Lady Liberty

Catching rays on a bronze airbed


Bronze sturgeon anyone

At the Aquarium. Stingray anyone


I wish that quality was better. This Muskie was at least 4ft. Imagine
catching him on your line. He had a real interest in my girl. Was just watching every
move she made.


I really do not know what this fish was but it was so funny to watch.

Here we are playing in the water way.

This is the Edgar B. Speer. Working its way in to port.

This ship was 1004 feet long


Some of the crew as the ship goes by.

Hanging out on the shore skipping rocks.
(I took pictures of just the rocks but the Oldest girl told me I was a dork) LOL

Lighthouse in Duluth

Fountain in Canal Park

Stuffed monkey in the Store.

And of course we can not miss the stuffed Moose.
And last but not least. The US military out recruiting in Costume as Video game
characters.




























3 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

That looks like a really fun trip! A great tradition to start.

Dad said...

Looks like all are happy on this trip. Seeing lots of stuff ! Kool beans.

Love to all
Dad

Anonymous said...

The Elephant ride looks like it was a lot of fun how cool!! Did you and Jim also ride him??
Nic to start your own traditions.. something you all can look forward to next year.
Love You all
Aunt Laurie