Sunday, January 18, 2009

Food, Food, Food

I love food. I love to eat it and I love to cook it. My favorite thing to do is to try and make something just like I have had in a restaurant.
We have gone out for Japanese and I have come home going I could make that. I think my hubby likes it because I really get down and dirty when I am trying to figure out the recipe. I will try and try until I feel I have it. Now, I have not gotten the all the recipes identical but I am able to come mighty close.
Just this week I have been working on a Potato Salad I had around a year ago. I am not a big fan of the traditional Potato Salad.
This Potato Salad is almost like a baked potato salad. So I thought I would share the recipe I have come up with and see what everyone thinks. My family likes it so I thought maybe others would.
Sarah's Potato Salad
5-8 potatoes(depending on size the bigger the less you need.
1 bottle of Ranch Peppercorn Dressing
1/2 package of Bacon Bits
1 cup shredded cheese(use your favorite)
2-3 tablespoons of butter
Wash potatoes
Do not peel unless you really do not like the skin
cut in to cubes
boil till they are almost soft yet not fully
Drain water from potatoes
in frying pan melt butter
add potatoes
brown on all sides
now here is where you can do 1 of two things this can be either a hot or cold salad.
For cold put in frig till fully cooled
for hot add all other ingredients together . ENJOY
For cold after they are cooled add other ingredients together and ENJOY.
Refrigerate any left overs if you have any.
Now after you try this please tell me what you think.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing,Sounds like this may be tasty. I may just try this come spring, Bruce Love Potato Salad.

Love You
Aunt Laurie

Sandcastle Momma said...

I tried this tonight and it was delicious! The whole family liked it and we'll definitely be having it again - and again and again LOL
Thanks for the great recipe!

charish said...

Oh, Good I am glad you like it. I will be trying to put up recipes every now and then.