Monday, January 26, 2009

My Tale of the Day

Last night I woke up with the worse sore throat. It hurt my ear when I would swallow. I tryed to avoid swallowing as much as possible. Guess what I learned...I ended up swallowing more. Go figure . That is the kind of pain I was in. I have been feeling under the weather for about two weeks but nothing like I felt last night. I must have been whining in my sleep because my husband asked me if I was OK.
I got up took some meds to help with the pain and swelling and went back to sleep. If that is what you call it.
This morning I ventured to see the doctor. Now, after they stick a Q-tip now my throat, they send me back to the doctor who says nope not strep. It could be MONO. Now, I have to go back to the lab and now they take 2 vials of blood.
Nope, not MONO. It is just a virus. She offers me a nasal spray that could help bring down the inflammation. Hey at this point I am up for anything that will make me feel better.
Now, thanks to the wonderful people at the pharmacy I did not get this medicine. They decided to tell me before sending it through that it would cost me $130.00. Now, me not liking that I have decided to rough it.
So, if you think I am grumpy I am sorry I feel crappy. And will for who know how long.
Well, that's all I have to say today. I think I will go back to bed now and hopefully feel better in the morning.

4 comments:

simplicity said...

Was it not covered by insurance?!?! UGH! Sorry you're sick, that stinks.

Sandcastle Momma said...

I'm so sorry you're sick! It's terrible when you feel so bad you can't even sleep.
I don't blame you for turning down the meds - that's really expensive, especially since it might "just" help and isn't guaranteed to make you better.
Eat some chicken soup and inhale those fumes - I'm a firm believer in the power of chicken soup steam.
Hope you feel better soon!

charish said...

My work only offers a High Deductible Insurance plan. And Jim's plan does not cover us going to the doctor in Cambridge.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to here you aren't feeling well.. gEt that rest. And as sandcastle says Chicken Soup is the best.
Take Care...
Love You
Aunt Laurie