Sunday, February 7, 2010

Weekend at the Auctions

I spent Saturday morning and evening at the local auction house. I really enjoy auctions. It is like gambling except if I loss I did not loss any money.

I won three Shoulder Jugs. I was really excited. Except one had a funky smell to it. After the auction I got home and knew I needed to wash the smelly one out. I filled it with soap and water and let it soak. After about 45 minutes I decided to dump it out and rinse again. As I was dumping out the water I saw stuff come out and the smell was getting worse. Full on gag reflexes kicking in. I run out of the room. I know if I do not get away from the smell I am done for. I get a towel and spray some perfume on it and wrap it around my mouth and nose to mask the smell. I know I can not dump anymore in the sink. I take the jug outside and proceed to finish dumping it out there. What a good thing I did. As I was dumping it 2 dead mice came out of the jug. That was it. I could not take it any longer the gag reflex won.

Later, Saturday night I went to another auction. I was having a discussion with my girlfriend and we were talking about clothes. Two gentlemen were sitting near us and listening in. She had asked me about my shirt and then said to me look my jeans are the same. (the brand logo is located on the inseam of the pants) As I looked the gentleman looked and said “ is there something there that tells the brand name.”  With the big mouth I have I said : Nope, we women can look at the crotch of another woman’s pants and tell what brand they are.” Here’s your sign.

Then, today I was thinking I must be some sort of strange parent. The reason I say this is because when ever my children want to go to a friends home and I do not know the parent I talk to them on the phone and also like to meet them. Maybe, it is because of the way I was raised. My parents always wanted to meet my friends parents.

Today, Michael asked if one of his friends could come over to hang out. I was ok with that. So, when this young man was dropped off his mom just left. Did not even walk him to the door. Just drove off. Then, no phone call of when I was going to bring him home or anything. Or just assumed I would bring him home. And all I could think was WOW. So, what do you think am I strange or is this how things are now days?

No comments: