Thursday, May 3, 2007

Homework

We have just recently purchased our computer and became apart of the 2100 century. We have been using it to help my daughter with her homework project for school. She gave us a subject that we needed information on so we decided to do a search.(VOYAGERS IN MN HISTORY). The good parent that I am, I say 'they are about the same as explorers.' After around an hour of searches I come across the MN History Society site. There are links to every thing here I find a home work help link. Now I feel great. So, we proceed to enter out question in the box and hit enter. I now am asked am I prepared to PAY for the answer. (WHAT)The good mom that I am looks at it and say 'what is this going to cost me.' ($30.00) Forget this I am going to keep searching because that is not happening. We debate a little about the words meaning and So what do I do I look up the definition of the word. She meant(VOYAGEUR). OK, now we are getting some where. Now we did learn that Voyager is someone who travels a long distance where Voyageur is a Fur Trader.
I am not smarter than a 6Th grader. But my Internet is.....

No comments: