Thursday, May 3, 2007

HOW THE SYSTEM WORKS

MN child support (Anoka county). Everyone I talk to tells me how they get raked over the coals by Anoka county and the amount of child support they take out of their paychecks and how if they are late with payment or behind how they are in court explaining themselves.

Here is a brief history with my case, it took Anoka county just under a year to get my case up and running and that happened only because I called on of the county commissioners and said what does none need to do to to get the ball rolling for my childsupport case to ordered(no order no help).

Now, just about a year ago Anoka count and myself took biological father to court for contempt of none payment. This process took almost a year due to the fact that if the Biological father is receiving County assistance ther State will not hold them in contempt.(NO, if he gets assistance the child does not. Only him. I could apply for assistance but I make to much $ therefore she would be denied. I asked my worker ' if I quit my job then she could get assistance' 'yep' to me that was BS.

Ok, back to what I was getting at in June of 2006 at the contempt hearing we agree on an amount (not a modification) that would keep him out of jail. After 6months of payment and him not fully completing what was ordered by the court Anoka county said they were dropping the contempt charge. I called and tried to argue and all they said was he did pay. I told my case worker I will be calling you in 3 months. Why, you ask because his last payment was on November 22, 2006.

So, in February I proceed to call Anoka County case worker. Explained to her my words TOLD YOU SO. When can we refile contempt. She told me that they are only allowed 3 cases a month and I would be added to the long list and if he makes any payment we start over. Well guess what I got a payment of $13.74.

Therefore I will now have to wait 3 more months. While he does whatever he want. And he wants to be cool father but does not believe in responsibility.

THIS IS MY OPINION.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no visitation with him or his family would be a start see if that opens the wallets. Its time for them to be responsible.

My opinion. Dad