Friday, March 28, 2008

Rambling about stuff on my mind

I recently had a comment posted that me laugh. "My mom uses a billion dollar satellite to find Tupperware in the woods." That is so true. I now am addicted to this finding of the Tupperware. All I want to do when I get home from work is go out and search for it. Is that not sad.

I have decided to look at the school calender to see how many days my kids are home during the 180 day they are to be in school. not by me keeping them home but of school being either released early or no school at all. Calendered 1/2 days are 4 days for both. And none school days are 20 for Britt. And 21 for little man. Now this does not include day that the Basketball team goes to the state Tournament or days that are not on the calender. Now, I have learned that if my child is there for 1/2 the day it counts as a full day. Now to the school it was important to close for half the day this week so people could go watch Basketball. But, If I wanted to take my child out for a family vacation it would be considered an unexcused absence. HUH. Does this seem right. The biggest thing going for the school is Basketball. Do they have a drama club and arts programs? Heck, no. I shocked Britt's teacher last fall when I told him I could care less about her grade in Phy Ed.( He is the Basketball coach. LOL) I said as long as she participates that is all that matters to me. Because sports are not her strong point. And she needed academics for school. If the kids need to leave early for a sporting event they participate in the are free to go but it it has to do with anything other than sports you hear all about it. Blah!!!!!
I am shocked that the whole town does not shut down for sports. Really.

Now, my girlfriend and I are going to have a garage sale this spring and I told Britt to go through her clothing in her room. She brought me 3 I repeat 3 bags of clothes. Holy moly. Now I do not enter her room for stress reasons. I will blow the top off the house if I enter that room and she know this. There fore I made it her job to go through her clothing. Now I am on to little mans clothing. And then it is my dreaded closet. Now I have lost a lot of weigh. But I can not get rid of my so called fat clothes. I have a rational though why. Because if I were to gain weight back I will not have to but new clothing. Well, that is just not flying with the One handed wonder. I have begun to go through my stuff and have given some to a good friend that I know. She loves them all. Then, there is my array of Tee-shirts. Now I no longer hold a office job. So I were Tees to work all the time and Jeans. I love Jeans. I have to have at least 10-15 pairs of jeans and guess what I want more. LOL. then I am off to the One handed wonders clothing. Now he hates to admit that he has out grown pants but it is time to find out what fits and what does not fit. Wish me luck on this venture.

2 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

I forgot to warn you about how addicting geocaching can be LOL I have actually gone out in the middle of the night before to look for a cache that others found but I couldn't. I did find it about 3 in the morning and was able to go home and back to sleep.
Those teenagers outgrow clothes at a shocking rate don't they? For every 2 bags of clothes I bring in at least 3 bags of outgrown clothes go out.
How did you lose weight? I'm SO fat right now and need to lose about 25 pounds before summer. Any suggestions?

Susan said...

You should live in Oklahoma. EVERYTHING, for so many - not us, revolves around the "Sooners" Ok U and the "Cowboys" Ok State U!!!! Makes some of us sick.
Susan