Friday, March 7, 2008

The Search For New Help

I spent all my time after work yesterday looking for a new washing machine. Mine decided it was time to retire with out notice. Without even finishing its job. So, I then had the job of going out and interviewing New washing machines.
I began with one that has done this job in that past and was looking for employment elsewhere. He was not very old and still worked hard and the pay desire was decent. After reviewing his application with my partner we decided that he was not suited for this job because we were worried that he might quit soon after hire due to his age and we did not know if he could handle our work load.
We thought we should maybe look in the assistance of some Headhunters. We stared with some online searches that really got us nowhere, so we decided we needed to meet face to face. We began with a rep. from small local place but found his prices for the type of help we were looking for were way out of our budget. Then, we decided to look at some more well known Headhunters. We started with the Menards Group. They are close to were the work will need to be done and the prices were in our range.
After, further review I decided to check out a few others before I made my final decision. My next interview was with the Sears Outlet people. They had what I was looking for and there prices were just what I could afford to pay. But, I could not make a decision with out checking out all my other options. My next stop was at Homedepot. Very nice but still out of my price range. The last place to check was Bestbuy. Wow, they had one potential employee that would have made my life so much easier. He could handle 25 bathe towels at a time. That is triple what my retiree could do. But the cost exceeded the means. (oh, this is a major want)
After, a phone conference with my partner we decided that Sears was the winner and that would be using them for my new hire. I went back told him he had the job and would be starting as soon as he got to his place of employment. Needles to say he has arrived and is working at a steady pace to get caught up with all the work the retiree failed to finish.
( I hope you enjoyed my animated tale about locating a New Washing Machine. I felt it would be more interesting to read a tale verses hey my washer crapped out and I had to buy a new one. )

2 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

I love your post! I've been fortunate in the washer department but I seem to kill dryers at an unbelievable rate. I saw an ad for a washer and dryer combo where you put the clothes in and push a button. When it's done the clothes have been washed and dried in the same machine. It would be great to have one of those but the cost was about the same as what we paid for our first house LOL If you happen to run into something that washes, dries, folds and puts away let me know - I'd trade a husband and at least one kid for that LOL

simplicity said...

Creatively written tale. Glad you found one!