Wednesday, September 3, 2008

1st Day of School

Yesterday the kids went back to school. Yippee. As is the routine I am always home for the first day. I love to watch them get ready. I am also home in case some one is so excited they get sick and need to come home.(that has happened to Brit)

This year we never received a notice about the kids bus. We live in a town that is SIX blocks long. Yet for some reason we have 2 buses that come in to town. The one the kids have taken in the past was down at the Post Office. The other goes to the house behind our home. Last year they added the second bus(the bus also pick up the kids that live farther out than us). We never received a notice on the bus. As in what time it will be at its stop or which bus. Thinking they took their heads out of their Butts and put my kids on the one right behind the house, I sent them to that bus.

Later in the afternoon I received a call from the bus company.

"We are calling because your children road the wrong bus this morning. And they need to ride the other bus. That is the bus they are assigned to." Bus company says

"Well due to the fact that we received no information on which bus the kids should ride and the bus they road drives in front of my house and picks kids up right behind my house to me it was the logical place for them to catch the bus." I say back.

"It is a block either way for the kids to go. So they must be on the other bus tomorrow. We will let them ride it home tonight."BC informs me.

I am steaming. Now I tend to fly off the handle and say awful things when I am angry. I just say Fine. Knowing I will be going to the school in the AM to deal with this.

After school gets out I wait for my children to arrive home. In the door walks Brit. "Where is your Brother?"

"Vicky the bus driver would not let me on the bus. She told me to ride the other bus home. And I she would not let me take him off the bus." Brit tells me.

OK the school has not called so he is on a bus. But where is he. We see the other bus. Nope he does not get off the bus. My heart is racing. Ok the bus has yet to come full circle. Finally a half hour later here comes my Little Man. All by himself.

That was our exciting First Day of School.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always nice to start with a clean plate.

Kids looking good, was great to see them on Sunday. Hopfully see them Sat.

Dad

Sandcastle Momma said...

I can't believe they wouldn't let Little Man go with his sister! I hope the building is still standing when you get through with them LOL

Anonymous said...

Love new outfits.. Looking Great for the 1st day of school, Sorry to here about the bus incident, I hope that is taken care of?

Love You all
Aunt Laurie

Sandcastle Momma said...

Everything ok your way? You've been awfully quiet! I hope all is well.