Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Week Three

I have just finished my third class on Lean Manufacturing. I am already seeing things in a new light. And understanding why we do things the way we do now. One of the things I have discussed with someone who has taught this at my work is that now that I have been taking this class I am more receptive to the whys and the hows of things that management wants to do. He had said "maybe we should focus more on training instead of just telling people about what we are trying to do." I agree with him about that. I now see that they are not trying to make what I do harder or eliminate my job but to make it easier and free me up to do other things. I hope that when this is done I will be able to use what I learn on another level for my company.
I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you are getting some good training. Great opportunity keep going for it !

Love
your
Dad