Friday, December 12, 2008

Strange But True

The other morning on our way to work we did the normal thing of stopping for gas. As we pull up to the pump I see a gentleman walking in the station with a strange hat on. I think "hum, that looks like an Amish Hat. But I see no buggie." Now I am walking in an look to my right and low and behold it is a group of Amish people climbing out of a van. Smiling to myself I do what comes natural to me and say "hello". No response back. I have now come up with they really do not want to have nothing to do with my kind. And here I was thinking of asking them if my oldest could stay with them so she could see how easy her life really is. Not now! If they do not have the ability to respond to a friendly gesture how do they treat each other. OK, I know these are my opinions from a one time meeting.
Other things. Now I really do not like to talk politics. The debates they cause can wreck friendships. But this whole thing going on in Chicago really has me talking. When they had the news conference and they investigator said "Illinois is the Most corrupt state" I just could not stop laughing. I guess you have to look at its history and ask yourself were you really surprised.
And the employees taking over the window plant. Yeah, that was awesome. I would do the same thing.
I got somewhat good news. Instead of the company I work for losing 150k this quarter we made 18k. Which does not seem like a lot but that mean the we are doing something right.
So how has your week been going?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hay !! Where are you ? I want to see some snow picture's.. :) How is everyone up there?
Love You
Aunt Laurie