Friday, December 5, 2008

A Day Off

So I have today off of work. No I did not take a vacation day. With the housing and building market down it reflects down my way in the food chain. There fore we have been reduced to 32 hour weeks. Some employees work Monday - Thursday and others work Tuesday - Friday. We need to ensure we have all 5 days covered. All I can ask is please people start buying Windows!!!!! OK I know we are in a recession. But when the time comes to buy think of me. I only make the components for one of the big name window makers out there. (sorry I do not get discounts I can toss your way)
So here are my plans for today. Laundry.( I missed my Friday laundry days), wrap Christmas presents (no kids home I can do it all out in the open) Organize my shoes(yes I really need to do that). My husband says why do you have so many shoes when you only have 2 feet. I will have to photograph my shoes so you can see what he is talking about. Just like clothing he asks me why I have so much. Hmmm, lets see. We live in a state where I need 2 wardrobes. One for summer and one for winter. And then I have my work clothes I do not work in a office I work manufacturing so I need clothing that can get yucky. Then I need non work clothing. I like to look nice so sue me. Plus, I have already eliminated 4 bags of clothes that I do not wear.
I think this evening I will have the kids trim the Christmas tree. We already have the yard set up with lights it just does not look as good as it would look out there if there was snow. Something about brown grass just does not make you think Christmas.
So what are your plans today?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well sounds like you had a busy day.
As for me I have been at work all day being inthe trucking business we are busy right now with holiday delivery. My plan is for tonight I"m going ot do some Christmas shopping I really want to get all done..
Give everyone hugs and kisses for me.
Love You
Aunt Laurie

Sandcastle Momma said...

So you're a shoe woman? I want to see pictures! I would love to have a closet full of shoes and I've always said that if I ever win the lottery the first thing I'm doing is buying LOTS of shoes LOL I don't know why though because I pretty much only wear hiking boots, tennis shoes and flip flops LOL