Friday, March 6, 2009

Additional Reponsibilities At Work

Around a week ago I waste asked if I would be willing to become the "Champion" For our 5S team. Lead the meetings, set the calender ,review and chart the audits. And so on. This was brought up through our upper management team that I would be a good person for this job.
I am very excited. I will be juggling both my regular job duties on the shop floor and working on my 5S duties. Currently there is no additional pay for this and I understand that with the way things are it is hard to give raises when the funds are not there. So, I will wait and prove myself and take it from there.
Then this week I was president of my company to go to a meeting with him out side our company. I am really excited for that. I will be the first non management or office employee to attend one of these meeting. What can I say my world is looking a little brighter lately.
Now, I still have the people around me upset that I get to take part in things that they do not so there is a little resentment. All I have to remember is I have worked really hard to get where I am at. I done some schooling and am more than willing to voice my opinions when I feel it maybe helpful. LOL Seriously, I have been working really hard. And feel that I am looked at as a valuable member of my company.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you are !! Congrat's on a job well done.

Love You
Aunt Laurie

Anonymous said...

As we talked earlier this week I am very PROUD of you. I love your enthusiasm to participate and grow. This is great.

Love you
Dad