Sunday, March 22, 2009

Remembering

Yesterday we went KFC. As we were eating the all you could eat buffet I started to remember a funny store.
Here is how it came up.
"Mom, why do they have cameras?"
" So, no one will steal the chicken."
As, my son looks at me with a look of why would anyone steal chicken?
I then told my husband and him about the times as a child we would go out to a dinner club as a family and my grandmother was known by all in the family to carry baggies in her purse.
Grandma would grab extra chicken, rolls and butter to bring home with her. I remember as a child thinking this was a good idea. Like grandma said "Its all you can eat. They just did not say when you had to eat it." LOL
Now, as an adult I look back and laugh.
"Mom, will you go to jail if you steal chicken?"
Hum, how do I answer that correctly? "How about we do not try it. Better to be safe than sorry." Because if I said no to him he would have wanted to try it. And that was just a bridge I was not ready to cross.
Now, we will not tell him about how mom used to do dine and dashes with her friends. Or how we would take coffee pots and silverware and other table essentials from one particular restaurant. LOL Yes I feel guilty abot it now. And I know what I did was wrong.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA_HA !! I do remember my Mother bringing empty bread bags to the Swan Club for the all you could eat chicken dinners,mom would have us look out while she stuffed the bags with chicken. Wonder if the Swan Club is still around??
Mom always carried her biggest purse to hold the most.. LOL A lot of people did it.
We all of done this at one time or another !!
I'ts best just not tell M. about this.. :)
Love You All
Aunt Laurie

Anonymous said...

restitution would make you feel better don't you know !

love to all
dad