Sunday, March 1, 2009

School rules

Did you know at my daughters school I can not send a note stating I will be picking her up early or saying she will not be in school. If I do not give them a valid in their terms excuse it will be an unexcused absent.
I as a parent have to get a note from the doctor stating that yes I did bring my child in for an appointment.
As a parent I can not take my child out of school for a family trip. It will be considered unexcused.
Do you know how dumb you sound telling the doctor that you need a note from them proving that I brought my child in for an appointment.
And if I do not provide proof and I take her out of school to much in their eyes I will go to court.
Now if she was skipping school and I as a parent did nothing about it, yes I agree I should go to court. But if I say we have to go out of town or she has to see the dentist or doctor I should not have to prove anything. AGH.............
Now for my youngest I do not need to do any of this. Go figure.

2 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

Island Girl's school has the same rules and it makes me madder than hell. I'm her mother and if I excuse an absence than that should be the end of it. And here if they have too many unexcused absences they take the kid's driving permit away for a year. It's crazy that they need a doctor's note instead of a mother's word.

Anonymous said...

Is it a legal rule or district rule? Sounds illegal. Well roll with it don't let it get to you.


Love to all

Dad