Friday, July 25, 2008

Saying Goodbye

Today I said goodbye to a fellow employee. Brian has always been around ever since I worked for my company. I am what one calls a repeat offender.LOL I just can not stay away from the place. When I first started Brian was my department manager. And over the years he has just continued to progress with the company. During this time he had never changed. He is still as easy going and all around nice person. Never let his position go to his head.
I feel that due to the fact that I spend so many waking hours with the people I work with they kind of become like family. So him leaving makes me a little sad.
During my years with the company I have always been able to talk to Brian about almost anything and he has been a strong supporter for me. When I decided to take the class on Lean Manufacturing he was all for it. Me deciding to take this class came up two days before he said he was moving on. So, I of course was joking with him that " I was after his job".
Now, even though he is moving on to new challenges he will still be a constant in my life. I know that if there are challenges at work I can not face or have questions about he will be right there to guide me through it.
Thank you Brian and Good Luck with your new venture.
S

No comments: