Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Very Long Day

Yesterday was a very very long day for us. We were up before 6am out the door by 7am and back home by 10:30pm.
Phase One of our day........ We headed to the cities in the morning to join my family at the Farmers Market. Two of my Aunts and two of my cousins came in to town for a visit. So, that made it even more fun. And of course we had to stop and get our hot dogs and brat's first thing.


yep had to take two one with out me and of course one with me.(in the white shirt with the dog in my face. LOL)

After the fun. We headed back to my dad's house to visit. Well, dad like to take the scenic route and I of course have my camera in hand ..

What movie put this place on the map?Grain Belt Premium Beer.....Phase Two of our day.........Later that afternoon we headed to Uptown walked around alittle. Went over by the lake and stopped at Ben and Jerry's for a treat.

Usually there are sail boats all over the lake


It was starting to get hot so a cool treat was in orderCan not leave the dog out that would be wrong...Phase Three of our day.......The reason we were in Uptown was to "watch" the Art Car Parade. At one point we thought it was going to be cancelled. It started to rain really hard and getting really windy. Then all of a sudden it cleared up at the sun came out and turned out to be beautiful.

We waited at the spot where the cars line up to begin the parade for Tom the gentleman who invited us to come and see this event. Once Tom and his wife arrived he had asked if Jim would drive one of his cars.He has 4 total. So, instead of watching we got to take part.

Here are some pictures of some of the Art Cars


Now this is only a small grouping of the cars that were there. What I have next is a short video. This was so cool that my little man willhave memories of this for a long time.....

So I hope you enjoyed our day as much as we did.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW.. Look like everyone had a Great Weekend.
I sure would Love to have one of those Brat's, Yummy..
The cars are really cool, what a neat thing to do. I have never seen anythiong like this.. Thanks for sharing. I just love the sofa, I need one of those for Bruce.. LOL

I Love You All
Aunt Laurie

Sandcastle Momma said...

Those art cars are SO cool! I've never heard of anything like that and it looks like so much fun to go and see. My boys saw the couch video and they want one so bad LOL I can just see my little rednecks riding around the neighborhood on a motorized couch LOL
That definitely looks like a fun day!