Sunday, January 6, 2008

Evening With Dad

So, yesterday we went to spend the night at my fathers house. He had planned to have Jim and I go out for a nice dinner and him and the kids were going to hang out together.

Jim and I got all dressed up and went to Jax for a nice evening without kids.(wow, that was weird). We did kind of feel like fish out of water since the nicest place we have ever gone to was Outback Steakhouse. Which we do like to go to. I am a pretty low maintenance kind of girl. When it comes to restaurants. I had Perogis as an appetizer and Fillet Mignon as main course. Jim had Prime Rib and Shrimp. Now I started to take pictures of our food but then I got so hungry when my steak got there I forgot to take a photo.



We had our photo taken but it is kind of fuzzy. They were very busy.

The kids and Grandpa went to the movies and saw Water Horse. They seem to have enjoyed it.

Afterward everyone got home to relax. We brought a Screener movie called Bordertown to watch. Everyone went to bed and I stayed up watching it. Very good movie if you like based on true events.

This morning the kids hanging out by Adrianne



This morning I got up before everyone and made Monkey bread(yum-o)


What you need:
Butter (has to be butter )

Brown Sugar

Cinnamon

Sugar

Corn Syrup(if you do not have it sub in pancake syrup)

Frozen Bread Dough

Bunt Pan

Let 2 loaves of dough rise till they double in size (I let mine rise over night)

Oven at 400-425 cook time 15-20 min depending on oven
Carmel sauce:
3/4 stick of butter

1/4C packed Brown sugar

2T Syrup

Melt in sauce pan make sure the sugar melts also.
Stir to not burn the butter or sugar
Pour into bunt pan

Rip dough in to small balls and roll in Cinnamon sugar (1/2t cinnamon and 3T of sugar)
place in pan randomly until you have used up all the dough. Making sure to get all pieces in the sauce.
After you take it out of oven place a large plate over top a carefully and fast flip over. Wait about 5 min and then remove pan and enjoy.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure glad kids were over. Movie was good. They got away b4 I could get some chres done this morning.
Also the monkey bread was good.

Glad u enjoyed a get away.

Love to all
Dad

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time at jax.Glad everyone had a good time with grandpa I love you Love Janet

Anonymous said...

Happy to here you all had a great time. the food looks yummy.. and that monkey bread would love to try that. Thanks for the recipe.
Love and Hugs to you all.
Auntie Laurie