Saturday, January 12, 2008

Round Robin Challange

So, I came across this cool challenge to today. So I thought what the heck I'll join in.


This challenge is hosted at http://roundrobinphoto.blogspot.com/. This challenge is about the Railroad. So I thought I would show the photos again from this spring when we had the Steam train come through our town. Back in the 30's the town we live in was a booming town with a regular stop for the railroad. Now it is just a shell of a town.



We enjoyed see these pieces of history come through our town. And can not wait to see them next year.

9 comments:

Carly said...

Hello Sarah

Nice to meet you! I'm Carly and I want to welcome you to the Round Robins. :)Your entry is very well done, I can tell you love photography. What an excellent look at a historic train. Thank you for sharing it with us. I hope you will join us for our next challenge, which will be announced tomorrow on the Round Robin blog. Stay tuned.

Once again, WELCOME!

Always, Carly
http://ellipsissuddenlycarly.blogspot.com

Sandra said...

Love the last photo. I esp. like the retro typefaces used on name of train, how cool.

Love the DaVinci quote also, how true.

Gattina said...

When I was a child I loved to watch trains and counted the wagons, lol !

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Hi, and welcome to the Robins! You're off to a good start. I like the two steam locomotive shots a lot, but my fave is the "Hiawatha." So midcentury-cool!

Unknown said...

Those are some great trains and how lucky you had them come so close. :) Love the last one especially!

Suzanne R said...

Neat pictures! I'm glad you found the Challenge and joined in. How lucky you are to have that interesting and fun train going through your town every year. Would love to have something like that go on here, but we just get Amtrak and the boring freight trains. ;-)

fdtate said...

A very neat set of train pictures. Very historic.

Anonymous said...

Very nice photos. I'm new here at the Round Robin this week too. Hope to see you back.
Martha ~ http://journals.aol.com/lifes2odd/perception/

Janet said...

That last shot, that orange one is awesome! Never saw a train like that!