Friday, February 22, 2008

Family

This past week I went to Green Bay, WI for the first time in many many years. It was really hard to go because I was going to say good bye to my Grandmother. I had to remember to celebrate her life not be so sad that she was gone. Which for me is very hard to do. I just get so sad and am still forgetting that my mom has passed and I will begin to think oh, I need to to tell mom this. Then I remember oh, she already knows.
So, while in Green Bay spent some quality time with my Aunts and Uncles. I stopped by my Aunt Janets house. (which happens to be my childhood home). I walked around the house and remembered how it was when I was a kid.
Drove by lots of places that hold memories for me.
I also took lots of pictures of myself with my family. Usually, I am the one who takes all the pictures and I do not come out from behind the camara. But, I have begun to realize I need these photos of myself with people I care about. So, now begins the all the pictures that I took because all everyone said was will we see these on your Blog.
For all of you who wanted to see yourself on the blog here we go.
I added a slide show above for all to see.

3 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

It sounds like you had a nice trip home even if it was under sad circumstances. And good for you for getting in some pictures! One day your kids will be looking back through old photos and it will be nice to see you. I'm trying to make that one of my goals for this year - get in front of the camera some instead of being behind it.

Susan said...

Times like this are so very important in reminding us who we are and where we are going!! Yes, be sure and get in those pictures!
Susan

Unknown said...

You were in Green Bay? Hubby was there one day last week. :) I'm sorry for your loss and happy for your time with family.