Saturday, February 9, 2008

Round Robin Challenge - Veggies

Welcome to my Round in the Round Robin Photo Challenge. I was so excited to see this one was going to be on Veggies.
This year we spent a lot of weekends at the Minneapolis Farmers Market. So I had some amazing photos I was excited to share with everyone. Here is my first photo I was just amazed by the size of this cabbage that I need to use my nephew as a measuring devise just to show how big this head of cabbage was. (imagine the amount of egg rolls that would make)

Next we have another head of cabbage and it was already next to a watermelon so you can see the size is very large.

This is my favorite photo of them all. I did not do any photoshop to this picture this is the was they are grown. We have Purple and orange cauliflower and a hybrid of Broccoli cauliflower. Amazing isn't it. The things people come up with. I have no idea how they do it but it is so cool. The kids thought that it was cool to eat such colorful veggies. Now we have to wait till next season to get more.

Just a side note. For those of you who use AOL Journel. I am unable to comment. But I do stop by and check out your photo's. Thank you to all that stop over for a visit.

16 comments:

MyMaracas said...

Wow, those are some major cabbages! And I love the last shot -- that broccoli cauliflower thing is amazing. I'll have to look for that in our markets.

To answer your question on my blog, I bought a Canon PowerShot G9. I haven't used it enough to say whether I'm going to love it, but the user reviews on photography sites indicate that most people are very satisfied with it. I wanted something smaller and cheaper than an SLR, but with advanced features. And the huge LCD screen is a big plus, given my bad vision.

Good luck choosing your new one!

Anonymous said...

Can you imagine how much cole slaw you could make with that head of caabbage?
My favorite veggie is that cutie sitting in the stroller.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

That purple cauliflower is pretty enough to be carried as a bridal bouquet!! Seriously, it's gorgeous!!

Hallie

Sandcastle Momma said...

Wow! I've never seen cabbage so big and I've never even imagined purple cauliflower. Your pictures are beautiful and make me want to find and try some of that cauliflower.

Carly said...

Hi Sarah :)

WOW... SUPER VEGGIES! :) I have never seen a cabbage that big before, at least not that I can remember seeing. :) Fun photos.

Always, Carly

Sandy said...

My gosh, those beat anything I've seen here in Texas. Beautiful pictures!

Suzanne R said...

Just one of those giant heads of cabbage would feed me for a week, at least! How neat they are, and it's great that you thought to use your nephew as a size reference. Really great entry!

Anonymous said...

What a rainbow of cauliflower!! It would take forever to chop up that cabbage. Very impressive. And very good shots!!

Karen Funk Blocher said...

It amazes me how many fabulous new varieties of produce keep popping up. I want some purple cauliflower! And that shot of the huge cabbage next to the small boy is just perfect. Excellent! Well done!

Robinella said...

I love produce. I prefer it be small, just tastes better I think, but I love looking at these in all their grandeur. Wonderful.

Unknown said...

Pretty cauliflower and huge cabbage! Wow!

Anonymous said...

Holy cabbage! Those things are huge! Very nice veggie shots.

Anonymous said...

great pictures i to love to go to the farmers markets its hugh. love you aunt janet

Janet said...

those purple cauliflower are gorgeous!

Sandra said...

nice! thanks!

Kiva said...

I haven't been to a farmer's market for soooo long. I used to love seeing all the veggies, but I don't think I ever saw that many varieties of cauliflower or cabbage heads bigger than a toddler's head. Here I thought MN was the state of lakes, now I'm going to think of it as the land of beautiful veggies. I just can't get over that shot of the cauliflower. Great.