Thursday, February 28, 2008

Out and About with Mom

Last Friday I had made a run up to Moose Lake, MN. I took Michael with me since he does not have school on Fridays. And it is nice to have our time together. He asked me"Mom, are there Moose in Moose Lake?" I said " I do not know I guess we will have to wait and see." So, while there we found a statue of a Moose. And then we took our pictures in front of it. Then, we decided to do a little adventuring. We headed over to the State Park that is located there and did some looking around their visitors center. Michael found out that this park is a great place to find Agates. He got a small one when we were there. I decided that this would be a good adventure for us this spring to go up there and look for cool Agates. And to top it all off it will be educational.
The kids(and me) have shown interest in Geo Caching also, But, I am trying to decide if it will be worth the expense of buying a GPS unit for this adventure. So if anyone want to get one for me I will not protest. Hint hint hint

2 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

Your trip looks like a lot of fun and that moose is awesome. Hunting for the agates will be really cool - I hope ya'll find some neat ones. Geocaching is incredible and well worth the money spent on our GPS. We've hiked, explored and done more as a family ever since we started geocaching and we've seen some amazing places we would never have found otherwise.

Anonymous said...

There is a geocache about 10-15 feet behind the moose! Seriously. We found it in February. Too bad you weren't cachers then :)