Sunday, August 10, 2008

Blast to the Past

Yesterday we went to a Threshing show. This is where you see trackers from the past. We try to go every year so this year I did not take as many photos.

They had new things for the kids to do this year. One of them was to make your own walking stick. so while everyone we were with walked around and explored the show and the Flea Market I sat with the kids while they made their walking sticks. They got to see and feel how hard it was to do. And to be honest it was a little scary watching them with the sharp tool in their hands. Pulling it towards them , pulling it towards them and so on.

We got in to these types of shows because I guy I work with is really in to the whole steam tracker thing. Every summer he goes to around 3-5 shows. Of course we had to stop and say hello. What kind of person would I be if I did not. (plus he had food).

1 comment:

Sandcastle Momma said...

You guys go to the coolest stuff! That looks like a fun day and Little Man looked like he was having a ball making that walking stick.