Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Laundry Mat

Last Sunday my girlfriend and I decided it was just faster to do my laundry at the laundry mat. So, with a roll of quarters and laundry soap off we went. We loaded the machines set them on the best cleaning cycle we could get and went to veg at her store. When the washing was done we loaded them in the dryers and set them for 2 hours and off we went.
Where did we go you ask, but to the salon. It is always so relaxing to have someone else wash your hair and style it. Well, at least I think so. Now, here we are dressed not in our best with no makeup on and beautiful hairstyles. Sorry no photos. The girls at the salon ask if we were going anywhere special for the day. We told them nope just needed to be a little pampered. Our time was running short so back to the laundry mat we go just as I am finishing folding the clothes my cell phone rings. It is my wonderful unsuspecting husband. "where are you at?" "Just finishing the laundry honey." Knowing I am going to be found out as soon as I walk through the door but it was oh so fun. I am glad I went to the laundry mat. I think I am going to make it a monthly thing.

2 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

I love how you turned an unpleasant task (laundry) into a fun Saturday afternoon! What a great idea. I love to have my hair washed too. It always feels better when someone else does it LOL

The pin arrived yesterday. It's really cool and the Island Girl claimed it immediately to go with her collection. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I to love to have my hair washed by someone else, it's so relaxing.
Laundry is never fun.. you shoule open a laundry mat with a salon.. Ha. just a thought..
Love You all
Aunt Laurie