Monday, August 18, 2008

Adoption

I know it is a curious work to head with. Today my oldest is with her Biological father and his wife as they are at adoption proceedings for there new daughter. I have a lot of feelings about this.
First being I do not understand how the State would allow a man who can not even take care of his own obligation(my daughter) adopt another child. I have had to take this man to court on a number of occasions to get him to pay his support. And now he is adopting a child. Now, I understand that they probably love this child and care for her but I look at it logically that it this man can not hold a job that pays more than 5.00 an hour and can not work more that 20 hours in a week and can only afford to pay $100.00 out of the $430.00 (plus medical) that was his monthly amount he owed until he asked for a modification. Now he can only afford $100.00 and no medical. The thing I asked was can I modify all the costs that it cost to feed, cloth and provide housing for my daughter. Of course, no one helps me out. (other than my wonderful, handsome husband)
So, maybe I am wrong. If I am someone please give me another prospective.
I understand that there are children out there that need homes and parents but I wish someone would have asked me. Or that they would have looked at this mans history. Even his job history would show that he is unable to afford to take care of a child. (personal opinion).

1 comment:

Sandcastle Momma said...

That story just blows my mind! Don't they check things like "does he support the children he already has" before they let someone adopt another child?
I have a friend who has battled the none to very little support problem for years. It's got to be the most frustrating thing for a mom to deal with. I've decided that if I ever get tired of the Island King I'm just going to off him and collect his life insurance instead LOL