Friday, July 13, 2007

Amazing

For show and tell this week hosted by Kelli I have a little story and things.
I have been for years only able to drive a automatic ask me to drive a stick and I would say nope do not know how to drive one. My father tried to teach me many years ago. That did not work out to well as we could tell I had no interest. I remember one time I was looking at a new car at the dealership and the sales guy offered to teach me and I said "nope I break it I buy it".

So yesterday was my 32nd birthday and my girlfriend got a hold of our friends Jeep and said come on your learning how to drive a stick. I said OK lets give it a go.

I did not grind the gears stalled it out a few times and found inclines a challenge but I made it. So now I can say yes I can drive a stick. Not a pro yet but give me some time and I will have it down really good. So , I now can mark that off my list of things to do.


Also amazing I made it through my birthday with out getting spanked. (hahahahaa). I had a great day I thought I would share the card my husband gave me I am in trouble now:( so a warning ladies if you get this card do not do what I did)

16 comments:

jennifer said...

I am rolling on the floor. What a cute card!!
Happy Birthday, and I am glad that you can check off driving a standard!

I am going to pretend I never saw this card!!!!(at least never mention it to my husband!)

Anonymous said...

LOL. I love cards and that is a great one! blessings.

Betty said...

What a delightful card.....Happy Birthday....Once I actually, in a moment of weakness, told my husband he didn't have to buy me a Mother's Day gift....he didn't, I haven't told him that anymore.....

Thanks for the visit......Betty
When I learned to drive it was a stick shift.......

Linda aka yellowroseli said...

HeHe, that card is too much. Love it. Never tell a man to not get you a gift,he will take it seriously. Happy Birthday to YOU!

Myrna said...

What a cute card! Good to know there's a card like that out there. Thanks for the warning! :-)

Happy Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

What a cute card! A belated Happy birthday to you!

Congratulations on learning to drive a stick shift. I knew ages ago but would probably have to relearn, or at least be reminded of a few things.

Disney for Boys said...

Too cute! LOL

Hapy Birthday :-)

Sharon said...

Congratulations! I'm 45 and can't drive a stick shift. My younger brother tried to teach me many years ago and finally said, "You'd better stick with automatic". My husband tried to teach me...not a good idea. ;-)

Loved the card!

Susan said...

Good for you for conquering the fear of driving a stick shift. I love the birthday card from your hubby. Cute!
Susan

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday!!! I love the card and good job on learning how to drive the stick shift!! My dad and husband tried to teach me and it was a lost cause! LOL

Kelli

Anonymous said...

Youe father taught me to drive a stick, on his 1966 Camaro, of course this was in the mid 70's. He parked the car at the bottom of a hill and told me to drive it to the top, I did, sand burned out the clutch doing it. He replaced the clutch and I've been able to drive a stick since. LOL

Anonymous said...

Well I am glad to hear you are finally going to learn to drive a stick shift. Jim has quite the sense of humor. Happy Birthday. love ya all.
Dad

Anonymous said...

ROFL! What a cute birthday card! Happy Birthday!

Have a wonderful weekend :)

Lallee said...

That looks like a card my husband would pick. Cute!

Good for you trying stick shift again! I remember when I learned and stopping at a red light on an incline. I was at the front of the line. I kept rolling back every time I would try to go, with the car behind me looming in my mirror. I could sweat bullets thinking about it today. LOL I did master the stick shift, though.

Anonymous said...

Great card! Enjoy your whole year!

Gina E. said...

Oh I love funny cards! That is a doozy - I wonder if I can find one like it anywhere in Melbourne!
Congratulations on mastering the stick shift gears. I've always driven a manual geared car, but I remember when I was learning, it was a nightmare!