Friday, October 5, 2007

The Tickle Me experience No haha here

So I came a cross this contest asking pretty much how far would you go for your kids on things they wanted or need. I could win a $200.00 gift card or even a book from http://www.harpercollins.com/books/9780061240867/Dangerous_Admissions/index.aspx. I found it on : http://blog.parentbloggers.com.

So here is my story:
When my daughter was two years old Tickle Me Elmo had just come out for the First time and you could not get it anywhere. I say an ad in the local paper for K-Mart. That said they would have it. I called the store to verify that they did indeed have the toy I was looking for. I was lucky enough at the time to live right across the street from a K-Mart. So I began to look out my bedroom window from 2am on to see if anyone was in the parking lot. At 4am I got up and decided it was time for me to go and wait in the parking lot. I went to a close by gas station for coffee and when I got back there were two people already in line. It is now 4:15am. Store does not open till 7am. I then decide it was time to stand in the cold for hours. By 6am the manager arrived and there was quite a line out side the store. I asked the manager how many they had. He told me 5. Now we had been hearing about people fighting in stores over these toys and that was the last thing I wanted to deal with. So , with the big mouth that I have I pretty much told the manager how to hand this headache he was about to have. I told him there was no way I was going to fight with someones Grandmother over this toy and the logical thing for him to do was put them behind the service counter and give numbers to the first 5 people in line. That way we could be the ones to get the toy. I said I have been out here since 4:15am and am not leaving this store with out the toy. He agreed with me and did as I instructed and I had a happy two year old that Christmas. I felt bad for the others that did not get one but I cared only about my child happiness at that time. So this is what I did for my child. Now if you ask me where it is to this day I could not tell you given to good will?

1 comment:

MightyMom said...

hello Sarah,

wow, that's a good deal more than I'd do for a stuffed doll for my kiddo...but then my older ones are boys...might get up at 2am for the perfect toy truck..who knows??

thanks for coming by my place!!

sarah