Friday, October 26, 2007

Child support battle

Well I had brought up a couple weeks ago that I wa s dealing with child support issues.
Well, court was this pasted Monday. And still things have not been worked out. Now in the stated of MN. They have changed the statue for how child support is determined. Now in the past they went by the fathers income and determined the amount my a percentage of what he made. Now my income is also looked at. And because he says he can not work a real job.(issues that I would right for hours about) With this new statue he would only have to pay $50.00 per month and not be responsible for Medical support.
Now here are some facts that both the Judge and the County Attorney know.
He has conflicting statement
He has a condition but has not given proper proof of his work ablility(which he was to do if he wanted a modification)(not done)
Can afford a lawer but not pay his support.
Can buy a $500.00 guitar but not pay support.
To be continued........

1 comment:

Mary said...

This isn't right. If he can afford a lawyer and a $500 guitar, he can afford to pay child support. Also, he needs to give proof of a disability. Don't give up. Insist that all of these things proves he has money for his child support.

This makes me sooo angry that MN would change the laws. Fathers need to be responsible for kids. I will keep you in my prayers.