Thursday, October 23, 2008

Home Sick

Well today is day 2 of my little man being home sick. He has been running fever on and off now for 2 days. Just when I think he is good to go his fever comes back full force. So, that means we are off to the doctor today. I have no one to watch him and am needed at work. It is always such a struggle for a parent. To be able to juggle family and work seems to be one of the hardest things. I have had my boss ask why my husband does not stay home and my response was you pay me what he makes in a day and that would be fine. (due to the fact I make almost $7 less than him an hour)
Brit has been so funny when ever she comes home from her fathers house. On Sunday when she got home she was telling Little Man how much she loves him. He of course being a little boy was bothered by this and was telling her to stop. We have come up with that her "new sister" is a pain in her butt. She has told us that her brother is so well behaved compared to her "sister". She enjoys the time with her brother and just does not enjoy the time with the "sister". She will not tell her father this thou she is afraid of something. I am waiting for her to tell me. I try not to push the other family buttons with her. I feel when she wants me to get involved she will tell me. she always does. Now she is learning that it is hard to make a decision between her friends and going to her fathers house. Last weekend she had forgotten she was going to her fathers and asked me if she could spend the night at her friends house. I had looked at her a minute and told her "no". Her eyes got really big and she said but my grades are good. I looked at her and said "that is not the reason. You have already made plans. You told your father that you were going to come over." She wanted me to be the bad guy and cancel her going over to her fathers. I told her she needs to decide and commit to what she does. So, we will see how it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to here M. is sick. and that his recovery is quick. be waiting to here what the Dr. has to say. Sorry you had to miss work I'm sure it's hard for all when you are in a situation like this.
Love You All
Aunt Laurie