Sunday, August 26, 2007

What Are They Thinking

Today I read a sorry online at Newsweek. It Brought up in New York City they plan on paying love income parents to be parents. How, you may ask? By telling them if they take their child to the library to get a library card they get $50 bucks, and if they take them to the dentist $100. And so on.
There reasoning is to get the parents more involved with their kids. Right now it is privately raised funds.But, in the future it could be tax dollars. And we have higher income parents who do not get involved with their children or are responsible parents. What are they going to do for them? What a great use for these funds. Lets pay people to be responsible parents.

This is the second time in 24 hours I have read something about people being irresponsible parents. I was reading a story on my Blog friend Jil's blog and he was talking about poor parenting skills in Thailand.

In the words of my father"what is this world coming to."
I agree.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I heard about this. New York is also using tax money for public education to support an Islamic school!!! Our country is in such a mess.

The church better get serious about being the church and praying. "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wickedways: then will I heaf from heaven, and will forgivetheir sin, and will heal their land." That's US!!!!
Susan