Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Thank the Lord

This evening at around 6pm. The 35w highway bridge in our state collapsed over the the Mississippi river. My first thought was my father drives that daily. It was around the time he is usually heading home and would be in the area. I proceeded to call him on his cell phone to find out where he was. He explain that he was still at work. I told him that the bridge collapse and was worried that he was near or on it. Thank the Lord he was not. I am happy to know that he was kept safe by the lord and still at work.
My heart goes out to all the families hurt by this awful event. Please keep all that were involved in your heart and prayers. This in a great tragedy that happened. The bridge it self was constructed in 1967 and was having some repairs being done when this happened.
Please pray for all.
Thank you

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN..
We Love you all
Auntie L. and Uncle Bruce

Anonymous said...

Someone we know is always in charge.

His method is sublime, his heart profoundly kind,

God never is before his time, and never is behind.”

Love ya Dad

Lori said...

That is so tragic and sad. I'm praying for all the families affected.