Sunday, April 27, 2008

Geocaching Minnesota Style

We attended our first Event this weekend. And of course we had to deal with the change in the weather that we are so used to here in Minnesota. Earlier this week the temp out side was in the 70's. On this day it was 30's. But Like the USPS Nor rain, snow or sleet could stop us from caching. Off we went to hunt, hunt, hunt. We had such a good time and we really enjoyed being able to cache with other cachers. My kids got along great with the grownups. There were not many kids their age that attended. But hopefully we will meet more in the future. We hunted Caches all over the Mora area. Lots that we had not gone to locate. Some were very hard and dangerous. (steep hills and drop offs. MOM had to get those.) We of course took photos along the way to show what we were doing to share with our friend.The organizers of the event following us as we went.
On our way to search for our Caches and clues for our puzzles.
Here is everyone trying to figure out or clues. Even Curlie the Cache dog came for the fun.
After the event we decided to do a new Multi that had just been posted that morning. My little man found the first clue. He is right on top of it.(Opps, hopefully no other cachers from the area are reading my blog. Well, it is only the firsts of 3 caches)

4 comments:

tonka_boy said...

I caught your post from a Google search on geocaching. I really enjoyed reading your blog and look forward to posts in the future. My wife and I are geocachers down here, just west of the Twin Cities. We have been caching less than a year now, and have over 200 finds. (We haven't been out much this year yet.)

If you are interested, we are on Blogger too. Stop by and visit us at The Northwoods Geocats. We are always happy to meet new friends online.

Sandcastle Momma said...

It looks like you had fun at the event but I still can't believe it's so cold there! I love the pictures and caching with others is always so much fun. I didn't get out today at all - I'm still cleaning up the mess and hoping nothing breaks so no more repair men show up before I have everything back under control LOL

Susan said...

Pardon my ignorance but what is geocaching? Sounds like a fun adventure but I'm confused :o(
Susan

Anonymous said...

Will it ever STOP SNOWING up there ??
What a great weekend you all have had. How fun I just may have to check into this caches.. Will give Bruce and I something to do on the weekends..
Love you all
Auntie Laurie