Saturday, April 26, 2008

Week at a Glance

This week has been a very eventful week for us.
My little man had "Mom's day at school" I was unable to attend so my girlfriend went as his special friend. It was really hard for me to miss this and when Brit was little and I could not go(I would ask her to go so she could have those memories with the kids) my mom always went. Now, that she is gone it gets hard. But, my girlfriend had no qualms about going. They had a good day did crafts and made cards for me.
On, Wednesday my husband got a call from his sister about his mom. She had to go in for a pre-op appointment last week for some minor surgery and they found some spots on her lung. She had a biopsy done and the test came back positive for cancer. We have not heard what kind of cancer yet so we will have to wait till next Tuesday for more information. I am having a hard time with this. I am hoping for the best that is not terminal. I talked with my SIL and cried with her and told her I was here if she needed me. Just when I think things are going good and on track I get a setback. My emotions are all over the place and I have a hard time getting them in check. All I can do is pray for the best.
Friday I sat out in the cold rainy weather for my garage sale. Did not sell a lots. So, we will see what today brings.
Today the kids and I have our first Geocaching Event we are very excited to go for this. I tell you how it went later.
So, here is your update I hopefully will have better news to post later.

3 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

Oh honey what a week you've had. I will be saying extra prayers for your MIL. Thinking positive is the best thing you can do. My grandfather was diagnosed with lung cancer, had surgery and then lived 15 more years so there is always hope. I'm so glad your friend was able to go to Mom's day for you. That must have been really hard to miss but it's nice to know that someone special was with him and can tell you all about it. The geocaching event sounds fun. We went to one here last summer and really enjoyed meeting other cachers. I hope ya'll have a good time. Try to stay strong through all of this mess and know that we're praying for you.

Sandcastle Momma said...

How did you get your cache stats on the page? That's a great idea! I want one too LOL

Sandcastle Momma said...

I figured out the stats thing and added it to my blog. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be LOL