Tuesday, April 29, 2008

What are they thinking

So, not to sound like a whiner because I hate it when all you hear about is people whining at work but here are my issues that I have been dealing with.
  • hours cut from four 10 hour days to five 8 hour days(only for dayshift)
  • expect employees to drive an extra day but no additional compensation
  • cut employees in half yet expect the same amount of work done in 8 hours that was done in 10

Key phrases lately out of the mouths of management

  • work smarter not harder (kind of hard to do when you run a two person machine with only one person)
  • If we do get out what needs to be shipped in 8 hours then we stay late and get it done.(All I can think is do you have a turd in your pocket because I am not staying later than my 8 hours)
  • Safety, Quality, Quanity (when they mean Quanity, Quanity, Quantity)

So, thats all for my whining today. Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep your chin up.. Hang in there.
Do the best your can. Be Safe.

Love You
Aunt Laurie