Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My Turn- MAFIA MAMMA

Now my friend Sandcastle Mamma has been blogging about her husband the God Father. And I told her I would share my Mafia tale.
Now this goes back around 5 years ago. We were living in a trailer park at the time. Our neighbor had just sold her house to some college age kids.
After these kids moved in the parties began. Now it is winter time. So they are not hanging out outside. After about three parties I had had it. I put shoes on at went over at around 2am banged on the door and told them to knock it off. Now, here I am in jammies, hair wild, because I was trying to sleep. I gave them a piece of my mind at that time.
Moving forward 3 months it is nice out and my kids want to play outside. Ride bikes, and be kids. Well, our road became the race track. We lived two homes from the stop sign and for some reason everyone though the white on the outside of the sign meant it was optional. I was constantly telling them to slow down. The cops would not patrol because it was not a "legal" street. Meaning not maintained by the city. So, I had had it with the close calls with my kids and these College kids that I went over told the one I had the most trouble with that if I ever see you drive down this road like it is a race track again the cops will not be coming for you but for ME. Because when I am done with you there will be nothing left. After that we had no more problems with them. Instead they started to yell at cars going to fast also. One day we (all the neighbors) decide to have some fun with cars going to fast and water balloons. IF you were going faster than the posted 10 MPH then we would throw a water balloon at your car.
Well, we got one guy all pissed off. (Should have been going slower). He called the cops on us. They show up and we tell them that you guys will not do anything about the speeding here so we decided to take matters in to our own hand and water balloons. The cop says "The driver did not know it was a water balloon for all he knew you threw a Dead Cat at his truck." My husband say "No, we would have made sure it was alive when we threw it." Well, that did not make the cops any happier with us. But people sure watch how they drove down our road after that. LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Perfume, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://perfumes-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Sandcastle Momma said...

I love it! I wish I could have seen their faces when you banged on the door in the middle of the night LOL The water balloons are too funny. You must have scared that guy to death - and I can't believe he thought you were throwing cats! It sounds like you were able to really make a difference there. I'm not a Charles Bronson type but I do believe that if more people handled things like that there wouldn't be so much crap going on in neighborhoods. Good for ya'll!