Sunday, May 4, 2008

Day with Grandpa

Yesterday, Little man and I went to spend the day with my dad. So, at 7:30am I called him and woke him up and informed him we were driving in for the day. We arrived a little after 9:00am and had breakfast with him and visited.


I Brought down my dog Curlie, also to hang out with Buddy.(my dads dog).
Buddy
We sat around and talked and I then informed him that there were some Geocaches in the area I wanted to go and find and I wanted him to join us. Dad watching Little Man play
It was still chilly so we had our coats on
After hanging outside and playing we went on our hunt. There were two within a mile of the house. This was the first time my dad has ever Geocached so it was new and exciting to see what it was all about and I was excited to share something I enjoy with him. I have to say my favorite one that we did was place on public property between two houses. Yet, if you looked at it you would have thought it was on someones property. My dad seemed a little hesitant in going for that one. Not Little man he was right on it. Opening it and pulling out the treasures. Most of the ones we did were what you would call Urban Caches. We did end up doing one that would be off the beaten track. I gave my dad the GPS and told him to lead the way. Now now here is the thing my dad was not really dressed for this he had dress shoes on.LOL So we ended up on a DNF for that one because the ground was very wet and flooded.
Dad leading the way.



Off the beaten path watch out your going to get wet feet
After some fun Geocaching we went to the mausoleum and visited Mom. And off to lunch we went. After lunch we headed back to dads and Little Man played for a while in the backyard.

What a ham. He loves to have his picture taken by me. Look at those dirty hands. He is boy in

the truest sense of the word.

Here he thinks the slide is for the dog too.

Going head first down.

3 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

What a nice day! I took my dad geocaching and now he has almost as many finds as I do LOL My mom won't got with him so he just gets in his truck and goes right by himself. We try to get together for a caching day at least every couple of weeks. He says the only bad thing about caching alone is that he talks to himself and then people stare LOL

Anonymous said...

So nice that you and Michael got to spend the day with your dad, How fun to get out on an adventure.
I was reading about caching, looks like something Bruce and I could
do.
See you soon.
Love You all
Auntie Laurie

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful M and you spent the day with dad. Nice he tried caching. I know I enjoyed it while you were here. LOVE to ALL aunt janet