Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Lost Phone

Here is the story. On Saturday I took the kids out Geocaching for the day. We had a plan of at least 15 caches to find. We were doing great until I realized on our way back from a cache that I realized that my phone feel out of my pocket of my sweatshirt. After returning to the car with the kids I told them I need to go back and get my phone. I found it where it fell out and was quite relived that I found it. Called Jim and told him Found my phone. He said I did not know you lost it. I decided that I should put it in my camera case from here on out. After a quick pit stop we were off and caching again. We ended up at Riverwalk park. I decided it was best if mom went to get the cache since it was on the other side of the river and was a steep climb and did not want the kids to get hurt. So I handed the camera and the camera bag to Brit and Little man. We logged our find and off we went to a bunch more. After about 45 min I realized I had no PHONE. I had only taken out the camera bag at Riverwalk park and our last stop. So, the kids and I retraced all the caches we had been at between the two. NO PHONE. OK, unable to call husband and find out if someone has called about the phone. Or even tell him I lost it. CRAP.
Off to home we go. Now, Jim, myself and the kids go back with his phone and start to look for it. No luck.
Now here is where it get juicy. We get back home and Jim says Call SPRINT. You had the location turned on on your phone they should be able to get you the coordinates.
Why didn't I think of that. I call them and tell them I lost my phone BUT I had the LOCATION on. So, if you could just give me the coordinates of the phone I could find it. That is what I do locate things with my GPS for fun. I hear I'm sorry we are unable to get that information. The only way to do it is if you had a phone already with the SUBSCRIPTION of locating on. Now I can not just turn it on and pay the $25.00 or what ever it costs so I can find my phone. No, I am sorry.
Now I am upset. I told them to turn the phone off. I have now sent an email to sprint in regards to being unhappy about this whole location thing. I'll keep you posted.
On, Sunday I got a new phone.
And guess what? Monday night I get a call telling me someone found my PHONE at RIVERWALK PARK. Go figure.
From now on I will leave the phone in the glove box.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Not a fun time!
Susan

Unknown said...

Cachers are great aren't they. :) Hubby lost his phone in a cemetery (caching), we couldn't remember where we had last seen it but the next day or so we got a call and another cacher had found it. :)

Then, while in the UP, we found a phone at a cache. We couldn't get ahold of the owner, just a message machine, and we were on the way out of town, so we left a message with the coords and stuck it under a skirt. LOL