Thursday, May 1, 2008

Showing of Love

My husband is not the big romantic type. You almost have to beg for romance. But he is the guy that will make sure my car is running good. Since he is going away for the weekend. And shows me what I need to do to fix it if something happens. I remember reading a story about a wife whose husband would buy her odd gift for her birthday or christmas. Like a snow blower when all she wanted was say a new purse. Or a fishing pole. Then when she asked him why he bought these gifts it was so she could get out of the driveway when it snowed or to fish for food. My husband is kind of like that. I may want something that would make me smile but in the end it is the thought he puts in to his items. I feel in his own way he is romantic.
Now if we could only get the kids to show by cleaning their rooms.LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go J, great thinking. Proud of you both.

Love to all
Dad

Sandcastle Momma said...

I think him taking care of you is the most romantic thing of all! It shows that he really loves you and while he may not be out purse shopping he's making sure that you're safe and that all will go well while he's gone. That's the best kind of gift you can get.